Being a well-loved pick in the segment, the 2018 Ford Fusion hybrid offers very attractive styling along with a decent powertrain. It’s not exactly been up to its competitors’ standards when it comes to the reliability quotient and owners have suffered from various issues starting from engine failures, transmission failures, and so on. Starting at an MSRP of $26,285, it is one of the cheaper options in a segment that includes the Hyundai Sonata Hybrid, the Honda Accord Hybrid, and the Toyota Camry Hybrid. Take a look at how the 2018 Ford Fusion hybrid problems have affected owners through this article.
2018 Ford Fusion hybrid Problems, Issues, Complaints, Recalls, and Which Year to Avoid
Updated on: May 4, 2022
More from 2018 Ford Fusion hybrid Sedan
2018 Ford Fusion hybrid Sedan Exclusive Interior and Exterior Pictures | View latest Pictures
2018 Ford Fusion hybrid User Complaints and Problems
- There is a problem with the steering wheel jerking and pulling the car to one side. At the same time, one user had a brake failure which caused the car to have an accident. Further, the airbags failed to deploy and protect the occupants.
- There have been quite a few complaints about the Ford Fusion hybrid engine light coming on due to some common faults associated with the canister purge valves, and the engine going into limp mode as a result.
- Although rare, there are a few Ford Fusion hybrid brake problems as well. Usually, the brake pedal stops responding due to a fault with the vacuum pump.
Electrical system problems:
- Quite a few owners have had Ford Fusion hybrid battery problems. This makes a vehicle stall and not supply sufficient power to drive safely.
- One owner has complained that a person was involved in a collision and was found dead. However, the airbags failed to deploy and the driver was wedged between the driver’s-side door and doorpost.
- One user has complained that the dial that is used to change gears on the center console is made of a very prickly material that hurts fingers. The person had several minor cuts on their finger due to this.
- Another owner has complained that the Michelin energy saver tires are not safe to be used on roads. The tires were replaced several times. The low profile and the skinny walls are prone to damage. And since it is a hybrid, there is no spare tire available.
- One user has complained that the windshield wipers of the car are not fast enough.
2018 Ford Fusion Hybrid Recalls
There have been no recalls for the 2018 Ford Fusion hybrid yet.
Should you buy the 2018 Ford Fusion hybrid?
The 2018 Ford Fusion hybrid is a car that does not have as many problems as its reputation states. But on the other hand, there are some issues that are manifesting as common patterns. Since none of these are catastrophic, we do not feel the reason for you to completely avoid this vehicle. Given its strengths, it is still a good pick in the segment and one we would recommend as well.