The Honda Civic has always been known to be a stylish-looking entry-level sedan and the 2011 Honda Civic follows a very clean exterior line that appeals to the majority of the crowd. Powered by a 1.8L naturally aspirated inline-4, the Civic manages to push out good numbers in terms of performance and it was also noticed that the car was easy to handle making it safer, especially for newer drivers. The 2011 Civic is known to be reliable and easy to work on but at times, the quality and safety are ignored to cut the cost of certain vehicles. Let’s find out if the Civic is one such vehicle and see how safe it is.
The Honda Civic Feels like a very stable car to drive and that has to do with the stiff chassis that makes the car feel planted and the responsive steering module keeps the drive very stable. The Civic on road is a safe car but in terms of the standard safety features, the car offers a very limited set of features like full-length side curtain airbags, ABS, active front head restraints, vehicle anti-theft system, Tire Pressure Monitor System, daytime running lights, and 3-point seatbelts. The airbags layout in the Honda Civic 2011 is front and rear side curtain airbags with front row dual airbags.
What features make the 2011 Honda Civic safe?
- Vehicle anti-theft system – This system has an immobilizer apart from the regular alarm system which uses the ignition key with a built-in transponder. Only if the transponder code on the key matches the code in the vehicle’s computer will it move.
- Tire Pressure Monitor System – The TPMS keeps a track of the tire pressure and alerts the driver in case any of the tires are running low on pressure.
- Emergency trunk release – In case the battery dies, the lever present on the left side of the driver seat can be used to open the latch.
- Pretensioners – The seatbelt pretensioners tighten automatically to keep the occupants stuck to the seats in an ideal posture during a collision.
- Anti-Whiplash – The anti-whiplash head restraints actively react to rear collisions and support the occupant’s head to minimize or avoid a whiplash injury.
Is the 2011 Honda Civic safe?
Yes, the 2011 Civic is a safe car and the reports from NHTSA might suggest the car is average in terms of safety but the company has made changes in certain areas through recalls, and in terms of reliability, there aren’t other cars that come close to the Civic. The 2011 Honda Civic has almost all the basic safety features covered and the easy control layout means there wouldn’t be many disturbances for the driver to use while on the go. The Honda Civic takes frontal crashes like a champ and the airbags provide enough protection during a collision, and this car offers enough features for what it costs and for the category it falls in.