The CR-V brings in a signature Honda package with practicality, reliability, and versatility for the 2019 model year. The CR-V does justice to the safety and reliability standards expected from a Honda. Additionally, the SUV offers impressive adaptability to terrain and driving conditions. This suits well for both commuting and touring alike. The Honda CR-V also elevates the confidence of buyers with an impressive range of safety features. Furthermore, the car aces crash tests with excellent safety ratings. The 2019 Honda CR-V range starts at $25,570 with the base trim - LX 2WD. The model line peaks out at $37,370 for the top-end Touring AWD variant. The SUV finds its competition in the Toyota RAV4, the Volkswagen Tiguan, the Chevrolet Equinox, and the Mazda CX-5. The 2019 Honda CR-V ranks in the 1st spot on the CarHp list of top-10 compact SUVs of 2019.
Honda gets a sturdy, reliable and trustworthy package in the Honda CR-V for the 2019 model year. The SUV fits in for both touring and commuting and has the required tools for ensuring the safety of its users. Honda equips the 2019 CR-V with a range of standard features including 6 airbags, auto high beam headlights, 4-wheel antilock brakes, and more. With a list of standard and optional safety features for the users to choose from, the CR-V offers a safe experience on the road. Furthermore, the SUV aces crash and safety tests with superior safety scores and ratings. Highlights of the safety features on the 2019 Honda CR-V include –
- Six airbags
- 4-wheel Antilock Braking system
- automatic high beams
- blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert
- lane-keeping assist
- adaptive cruise control
- forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking
- Vehicle Stability Assist
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Hill Start Assist
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children
What features make the 2019 honda CR-V safe?
The 2019 Honda CR-V comes equipped with a reasonable range of standard safety features and driver aids. Honda also offers users to add another layer of safety with the various optional features to choose from.
Some features which make the Sportage safe include –
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC): The system has control over the braking system. It uses automatic braking of individual wheels if it detects that the wheel is spinning too fast or too slow than necessary. If there is any loss of traction then the system tries to stabilize the vehicle so that it would not lose control. The 2017 Kia Sportage gets this as a standard feature across all variants.
- Blind-Spot Monitoring System: It warns you when there is a vehicle in your blind spot and can potentially help you avoid collisions with vehicles that might be in your blind spot.
- Forward Collision Warning System: It is a driving safety system that prevents the vehicle from colliding into obstacles lying ahead by warning the driver and controlling the vehicle’s braking functions if its sensors and front camera detect any risk factors.
- Lane Departure Warning: The system alerts the driver when the vehicle you are driving is about to leave the lane. This can potentially be helpful if your attention has been diverted from the road, causing your vehicle to start to slip into a different lane.
- High Beam Assist: High Beam Assist detects oncoming cars and automatically dims the headlights from high beams to low beams.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS): Tire Pressure Monitoring System is an electronic system in the Kia Sportage that monitors tire air pressure and alerts the driver when the pressure falls dangerously low.
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution: This active safety feature aids the driver by distributing the force that each wheel receives while the braking process is in action. It distributes the brake force depending on several parameters which include passenger weight, cargo weight, and the condition in which the vehicle is currently being driven.
- Anti Theft Alarm System: An anti-theft alarm system is a basic safety feature available across all segments of the market and increases the safety quotient of the car by preventing theft. It alerts the driver through an alarm when unauthorized access to the vehicle is suspected by the system in place.
Is the 2019 Honda CR-V safe?
Considering the range of safety features and the performance in the crash tests, it is safe to say that the 2019 CR-V is a safe drive. Honda does the necessary to assure its customers of a sound and reliable experience with the CR-V. Irrespective of the driving conditions, the SUV offers a dependable drive on the road. For the price tag of the 2019 CR-V, Honda offers a value-back experience with the SUV. The Honda CR-V offers moreover its Toyota, Chevrolet, Volkswagen, and Mazda rivals.
Important 2019 Honda CR-V Links:
More from 2019 Honda CR-V
2019 Honda CR-V Exclusive Interior and Exterior Pictures | View latest Pictures