Being one of the segment favorites for a while, the 2018 Honda Fit is a car that has provided loads of practical space, refinement, and ease of maintenance. They could say it is one of the best hatchbacks around in terms of the reliability quotient as well, reporting only 32 complaints this year. In short, it is a car that is hard to ignore if you’re in the market for a subcompact hatchback. The Honda Fit competes against the Mitsubishi Mirage, the Kia Rio hatchback, and the Toyota Yaris hatchback. Prices are starting at an MSRP of $17,325, which makes it one of the most affordable cars right now. Below, you will read more about the 2018 Honda Fit problems.
2018 Honda Fit Problems, Issues, Complaints, Recalls, and Which Year to Avoid
Updated on: May 4, 2022
More from Honda Fit
Find a used Honda Fit for under $10887 | Check out price savings and popular options here!
Buy a new Honda Fit for sale starting from $17945 | Check out the latest deals here!
2018 Honda Fit Exclusive Interior and Exterior Pictures | View latest Pictures
2018 Honda Fit User Complaints and Problems
- One person had an issue with all the dashboard lights coming on in the car. The dealer diagnosed that the problem was with the fuel injectors clogging up due to carbon build-up. After cleaning the injectors, the same issue popped up again. However, this is a common problem in these cars and the direct injection engines seem to suffer from carbon build-up in many areas. Injector failures are also quite common. Honda Fit spark plug problems are being reported as well.
- There have been few complaints about transmission problems in the car. When shifting from park to drive or from drive to reverse, the car will fail to accelerate for a few seconds, bringing the Honda Fit CVT reliability into question. A few owners have also reported that the car can be turned off in drive and it can roll backward.
Electrical system problems:
- Few owners have reported issues with the car's odometer and fuel gauge display not working correctly under cold weather. This deprives the driver of critical information and is the main one on the list of Honda Fit electrical problems. A few owners have complained that it is very hard to read the dials at night.
- There have been quite a few complaints about the electrical system failing completely and all safety lights in the dashboard turning on. This may disengage is the ABS braking system, traction control as well as power steering.
- Many owners have complained that the paint in the car is made of very low-quality materials. It chips and peels in many areas.
- Many owners have complained that the forward collision avoidance system is engaged for no reason. The car brakes when there is nothing up ahead and it can threaten the safety of passengers by causing a rear-end collision.
- One user has reported that the seat heater makes it unnaturally warm. This causes discomfort to the user.
2018 Honda Fit Recalls
There are no recalls for the 2018 Honda Fit yet.
Should you buy the 2018 Honda Fit?
The 2018 Honda Fit is a desirable small car due to its refinement, efficiency, as well as practicality. But the problem is that the active safety features are not tested properly yet and could cause accidents. Another problem area seems to be the injector issue as well as the problems associated with the PCM module. Still, as long as the manufacturer can solve this, we would recommend the car.