Porsche Cayenne has always been a great SUV to drive and is also regarded as one of the best driving mid-size luxury SUVs. This car has been loved equally by enthusiasts as well as families as it boasts great cabin features and space with an adrenaline-pumping performance. With the 3rd generation of this SUV, the 2021 Porsche Cayenne has only gotten better in terms of all the aspects but has also gone up in price. The $67,500 isn’t cheap but is right in the ballpark that its rivals are and the Cayenne comes equipped with a 3.0L turbocharged V6 engine but the higher trims and variants offer a much bigger and powerful engine. Porsche hasn’t taken the cabin quality, comfort, and safety lightly and has made sure to offer the best in class features and build which is very evident as we get inside the car.
The Cayenne comes equipped with almost all the safety aids that are expected from a car of this price and class. It stands well up against its rivals in terms of the features offered and a few highlighting safety technologies and driver-assist features are front and rear airbags, distance warning, warn and brake assist. Some of the features come standard with the Cayenne while the rest are included in the optional assist package that comes for $6,250. Regardless of the package, the Porsche Cayenne consists of a great standard safety list that is enough to keep the occupants safe and secured.
What features make the 2021 Porsche Cayenne safe?
- Porsche side impact protection system – POSIP consists of airbags integrated into the side bolsters of the front seats and side-impact protection elements on the doors. The entire roof frame and windows contain curtain airbags.
- Engine immobilizer – This prevents theft as only the original key with the correct transponder that can connect with the computer in the car can get the engine running. No other means can start the Cayenne.
- Warn and brake assist – This basically is an electronic braking assist system that warns the driver in case the car is too close to other vehicles and also slams the brakes on its own to avoid a possible collision.
- Lane keep and lane change assist – Drivers will be alerted in case of a possible lane drift by the drivers and the lane keep assist uses a camera to recognize and land and makes sure that the car stays on that particular lane.
- Parking assists for front and rear with reverse camera – The Park assist used radars and cameras to automatically let the car park itself in almost any tight spaces that the Cayenne can fit in.
Is the 2021 Porsche Cayenne safe?
There is no doubt that the 2021 Porsche Cayenne is a safe car and even though this SUV misses out on the IIHS and NHTSA ratings, it can be based on the Euro NCAP rating which is the highest safety test done for cars in Europe. The 2021 Cayenne hasn’t changed much from the previous year but still manages to feel fresh and gives a great competition to its rivals. There are other SUVs in this segment that feels much more utilitarian but the Porsche has a good balance of performance, comfort, safety, and practicality making this the SUV that should be on top of your list.
Important 2021 Porsche Cayenne Links:
More from 2021 Porsche Cayenne
2021 Porsche Cayenne Exclusive Interior and Exterior Pictures | View latest Pictures